How does jelqing work? Guide to penis exercise techniques and results
Among all of the penis enlargement methods, this is the cheapest, the safest and most widely practised. Increasing penis size through a series of regular exercises with the purpose of increasing the volume capacity of the blood vessels in the erectile tissue to allow more blood to be drafted into the penis during erections. It works in a similar way to penis pumps. We will assess the science behind it, the techniques, the time it takes to get a result and whether it actually works.
Typically, the length and width of an erect penis is constant after a male goes through puberty until about the age of 50, after which an erect penis girth is harder to maintain at the same levels.
Since the pills and lotions appear to be ineffective (since there have been no thorough successful empirical studies to support the spectacular claims), penis enlargement pumps can be expensive, although empirically shown to have an impact on penis sizes and penis enlargement surgery is usually a last resort and is mostly considered as a way to repair after significant trauma, the one option that appears to be relatively risk free and free in terms of financial costs are penis exercises.
The most widely used and popular among the exercises is Jelqing, penis stretching exercises are mostly used for straightening a curved member. A guide to Jelqing is available below.
Penis exercises aim to strengthen the erectile tissue to give the increase erect penis's length or girth (circumference).
Lets approach penis exercises with the purpose of increasing the size of the penis logically. For that we will need to understand the complexities of erection and structure of the penis.
Contrary to the assumption - the penis does not contain any muscles. It is instead simply organ tissue. So unlike muscles, for the most part you cannot build it up, you cannot flex it (there are a few muscles in your body you cannot control, heart for example, but it is very complex) and you cannot use the same rationing you use for building body mass for altering the size of the penis.
Contrary to the assumption - the penis does not contain any muscles. So it's not like exercising a muscle. Therefore you cannot assume that working out the penis would have the same effect as working out a biceps muscle hence the exercises would have to be different rather then a standard mass building exercises associated with sport.
For the same reason an erection is more then just flexing a muscle.
We will ignore the NPT (Nocturnal penile tumescence ( also known amongst the men as "morning wood") as it holds little relevance to this topic, as does psychological stimuli and neural activity,
An erection is a combination of a number of intertwined factors. Practically an erection is a when two tubular structures at the sides of the penis called "corpora cavernosa", hold more venous blood. The channel for delivery urine and semen called the "urethra", is contained within a tubular structure at the underside of the penis, running from the head to the base is called "corpus spongiosum", also becomes larger as it holds more blood. Altogether this organ tissue is called erectile tissue.
Therefore a stronger/harder erection, which will affect the size of an erect penis depends on how much blood can be held in the structures of the penis.
Therefore we should look for ways to increase blood volume capacity of the erectile tissue.
Jelqing or jelq (also written as jelching, jeljing, jelging, gelging and jeljing)
Jelqing is the most popular penis enlargement exercise technique. It is the base of all other penis enlargement exercise you can find anywhere. It can be done by you yourself or by your partner, with lubricants and with creams, normally and in hot water. It can be a part of an erotic massage but the key is discipline and right scheduling. If you aim to experiment with penis enlargement jelqing offers the most promise.
Key points of jelqing as a penis enlargement exercise
- A popular penis enlargement technique, originating in the middle east.
- Widely reported to be an effective method of increasing penis size
- When done in moderation, safe with unknown side-effects.
- Time consuming, requires discipline, patience and regular exercises.
Probably with the origins in the middle east, jelqing comes from a word meaning milking in one of the dialects of the region, and the action of the exercise reminds exactly of that, of milking cattle.
Apparently men have gained up to two inches in penis length and up to an inch in penis girth. A noticeable result may take over six months to achieve through regular training and patience.
A standard schedule for jelqs requires regularity and mental discipline. It can be done every day of the week but usually done every other day for 5-20 minutes. Results (if any) may vary, and since it takes a lot of time, please be cautious and patient. If you start jelqing every hour of every day you may damage your erectile tissue.
How does jelqing work? The science behind the jelqing exercises.
Jelqing works by increasing blood capacity of erectile tissue
Jelqing is a simple exercise that involves consistently and recurrently pulling and stretching the flaccid and eventually moderately erect penis using the thumb and index finger to achieve an increased capacity in the erectile tissue with the aim of increasing the size of the penis. The reasoning is that these motion based exercises will increase the volume of blood capacity during an erection, by stretching the tissue. The goal is to exercise different parts of the penis to improve circulation throughout.
Whilst this has not been studied empirically, the internet is full of reports of it working and it seems that despite the lack of scientific evidence (which may be due to the subject itself not taken seriously, rather than the approach), the simplicity and the relative harmlessness of the exercise would suggest practical merit in terms of penis enlargement.
Besides making men familiar with their penises, the exercise generates confidence and allows for one to appreciate the difference between a flacid and an erect member, acting similarly to a placebo.
How to do jelqing exercises? Step by step guide.
- Do an OK sign, connect your thumb to your index or middle finger and grip the penis at the base (this is where having removed pubic hair previously will offer more effectiveness).
- Gently pull outward, away from the body, as if milking the organ, applying some pressure. The purpose of the movement is to stretch the tissue and push the blood up the erectile tissue.
- Note that the movement of the grip must be slow as to allow the tissue to stretch without damage
- Note that the grip should apply pressure but best to do it gently to avoid injury.
- Note that there is NO DOWNWARD MOVEMENT OF THE GRIP, NO MOVEMENT BACK TO THE BODY WHILST STILL GRIPPING THE PENIS
- Note that the penis should not be entirely erect, but 0-75% erect. If the penis becomes very hard, best to have a break and restart once the blood withdraws.
- Stop before the head of the penis.
How long does it take jelqing to see results? What is the difference before and after jelqing?
Since the science behind these exercises is sound, despite very little empirical evidence to support that jelqing works, anecdotal evidence collected from at least 100 men suggests the following:
Jelqing results - before and after
- It appears that jelqing takes at least a month to see the results with regular jelqing exercises
- In some cases it may take up to four months to see the results with regular jelqing
- Penis length increases by up to 10% and perhaps more, penis girth increases by up to 7% and perhaps more
- It takes longer to increase penis girth (width/circumference) than to increase penis length
- Penis girth gets increased less then penis length
- There is approval to this method in the online community among those who have tried it
Jelqing and other penis exercise tips:
- Since you want oxygen rich blood to deliver nutrients for the tissue, it is best to combine real exercise and jelqing, to make them sequential. So a 20 minute run followed by a jelqing session.
- Since this requires regularity and mental strength to keep up to the schedule, it is best to start small and build up the time and the repetitions of jelqing motions, so that you don't get bored at the start and so that you don't give up.
- Like with any exercise - warm up, stretch, make sure the blood flow to the penis is at full capacity, so stand up.
- Do not overdo the exercises, better to be safe than sorry, but you probably know your penis well, so trust yourself.
- Best to shave, trim or wax pubic hair, to improve the efficiency of the exercise.
- Wash your hands and your private parts. You don't want anything unnecessary to be absorbed into the skin. Lubricate or wet the penis. Some suggest lubricating the penis is unnecessary but the majority of people who practice jelqing use a lubricant.
Other penis enlargement exercises and suggestions
Stretching is mainly used to correct the curvature of the penis to make it more straight. Widespread as it is, a bent or curved penis is cause for concern for many men, although it has practically no implications in terms of erectile health. Still, the goal of penis stretching is to make the penis, from flaccid to erect state - more flexible, with exercise, pretty much anything in human body can become more flexible, whether it is fingers, legs or elbows. The same goes for the penis. So bending the penis in the opposite direction of the curve may have an effect on the blood capacity of the inward curved side of the penis. Likewise, bending the penis to one side and then to the other could similarly increase the blood flow capacity and therefore increase penis size.
Avoiding reaching the conclusion/ejaculation/cumming to increase penis size
There is an understudied process in sports psychology, where certain parts of the body, such as ankle tendons and alls kinds of soft tissue are recovering from injury or are made to become more durable, especially for professional athletes. The process highlights the way the signals are sent to the brain, through the nerve system through relevant exercise to aid the recovery and the strengthening of the soft tissue. It is like fooling the brain to assist in building or repairing it. It works in a variety of examples, such as holding your breath to make the brain believe than you are oxygen deprived which results in more efficient intake of oxygen.
Likewise, theoretically speaking (and we need volunteers to test it) if your exercise your penis, and have an erection and don't ejaculate, this would send the signal to the brain that it needs to do something about it, since the evolutionary goal was not reached, perhaps by building the erectile tissue and improving it's blood volume capacity.
Jelqing in warm/hot water/bath/shower
Exercising in a more challenging beneficial environment makes the body more efficient.
Swimming in general is extremely beneficial to the human body, for several reasons. It is perhaps one of the best exercises for the body. Due to water resistance and increased pressure, it requires more energy to move whilst benefitting not just the muscles but the soft tissues as well. That's why when you see professional swimmers often despite not being bulky in term of body mass and muscle, they appear very lean and well formed.
How does this relate to penis size increases? The theory and the logic for the hot water penis strengthening exercise is thus: The heat of the water will affect the movement of molecules and therefore result in penis enlargement through active increase in blood capacity in the erectile tissue of an erect and flaccid penis. Not only a hot bath stimulates the blood flow in the whole body, it also nourishes the skin. Hot water also makes the bones and tissues more flexible and therefore more able to exercise increased blood capacity.
Jelqing in hot water/bath appears to have some support on forums advocating jelqing enthusiasts to try it. This appears to be a better and a quicker method of making penises bigger then jelqing along.
Please exercise with caution and in case of problems seek your doctor. Best to be safe than sorry.